Saturday, April 23, 2011

Not-So-Small Goals of Mine

As you might have guessed by now, I am VERY interested in reading different Bible translations. I LOVE reading prefaces to translations and such. So I thought I would share my not-so-small goal of reading from these translations as occasion allows.

King James Version (Authorized Version)
English Revised Version (1881-1895) ~ being a revision (of sorts) of the King James Version (This is the only version on the list, that I don't have. And one that I'd just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see in print).
American Standard Version (1901) ~ being an American revision of the English Revised Version (I just found a reprint of this one!)
Revised Standard Version (1946-1977) ~ being a revision of the English Revised Version and the American Standard Version
New American Standard Bible (1971 and 1995) ~ being a revision of the American Standard Version by those who didn't quite approve of the Revised Standard Version
English Standard Version (2001/2007) ~ being a revision of the Revised Standard Version
New King James Version (1982) ~ A revision of the King James

*I could technically include the New Revised Standard Version (1990) in this listing since it is a revision of the Revised Standard Version. But. I don't own one. And I don't necessarily *want* to own one.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I adore my archaeological Bible... love the pictures, the history - the what it looked like then and now.