Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Book Review: Do I Know God?

Do I Know God? Finding Certainty in Life's Most Important Relationship. Tullian Tchividjian. 2007. 215 pages.

It was the week after Christmas, and the office was quiet.

The good news is that I remember really liking this one when I read it. The bad news? Well, I read it three weeks ago and I've forgotten everything I wanted to say about it. Almost everything that is.

I do remember that it is conversational and relevant. That it was a practical book that was easy to read. A book that was meant to be read--and understood--by everyone. Not just scholars. Not just theologians. It's a book that ADDRESSES important questions.

Because I read a library copy of this one, I didn't get a chance to mark this one up. So I don't have passages to share with you. (It isn't always convenient to carry around post-it-notes.) I do remember finding many passages that I wanted to remember to mention, to quote. I wouldn't say that there was one for every single chapter, but there were enough that I considered it a rich read.

I'd definitely recommend this one!

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: