Saturday, March 31, 2012

Are you ready to read the New Testament?!

Tomorrow is the start of my "New Testament in a Week" challenge or event. If I'd been paying closer attention, I would have reminded everyone last weekend that it was almost here. (I did link to it in my Spring Reading Thing post though.)


The 'challenge' or 'event' is from April 1 to April 8. Though if you want to start this evening, I don't mind.

Does it have to be the whole New Testament?


My goal is to read the entire New Testament this week. But that does NOT have to be your goal. You can set your own goals. Your goal might be to read one gospel and a letter or two. Read 27 books, read 3 books. Just read something. Again, this is all about YOU setting your own goals. If you want to read 1 John seven times, then go for it. If you want to read Luke and Acts, go for it. 


  • You may read from any translation of the Bible.
  • You may switch translations throughout the week, if you want.
  • You may use a text-only Bible, or a study Bible.
  • You may use an audio bible, an e-Bible, or an online Bible.
  • You may read the books in ANY order.
  • If you would like to follow an exact plan, you may. Here isone I found to do the New Testament in a week.
  • You may reread certain books if you would like to take some time to meditate on what you're reading.
  • If you finish reading the New Testament early, consider reading Psalm 119, Psalm 22, Psalms 113-118, Exodus 12, Isaiah 40-66.
  • No blog is required, but you may blog your progress if you like.


I do ask that if you participate this week that you comment to let me know. I would like to know how many participate.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

3 comments:

Annette said...

I plan to participate. I will start reading the 4 Gospels tomorrow. So, my goal is the read the 4 Gospels during the 7 days before Easter.
Thanks Becky!

Tiffers said...

I am going to make a go of it. I realize I may not have 2-3 hours to devote to reading my Bible each day, so if I only get through the Gospels, so be it. I will continue to finish the NT through the remainder of April. :) Thanks Becky.

Abigail@The Story Factory Reading Zone said...

Despite putting this in my diary I'd actually forgotten about this. Lucky I saw this post- just in time to start today!