Saturday, November 16, 2013

Giving Thanks #16 Ideas

I am always thankful when I get new ideas for where I want to go with my reading, where I want to go in my studying, where I want to go in my blogging. I haven't always been a goal setter, but, in recent years it's been a good thing that I've been more motivated.

I've got several new ideas that might turn into new features here at Operation Actually Read Bible!

I've been considering having a "Did You Know?" feature where I share little things that I've learned during the week. These little tidbits could come from notes or commentaries or perhaps other books or sermons.

I've been considering hosting read-a-longs. Right now I'm strongly leaning towards having a trial in the month of December. I'm thinking the gospel of Luke. One chapter a day from December 1 through December 24. I think it would be great to do something in December that shows WHY we celebrate Christmas, something that connects the gospel to the season!  I'm also thinking that in January, I'd host a read-a-long for the book of Genesis! What do you think? Would you be interested in reading books of the Bible with me?!

Along similar lines, I'd LOVE to have group reads or buddy reads next year. If you'd be interested in reading a book with me and reviewing it around the same time (within a week or so), I'd love to hear from you!

And how would you feel about some Bible-themed quizzes?!

I am definitely planning to celebrate National Bible Week with a LOT of posts!!! I may try some of my new features before the new year begins.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: