Monday, February 10, 2014

Book Review: Love's Sweet Beginning

Love's Sweet Beginning. Ann Shorey. (Sisters at Heart #3). 2014. Revell. 345 pages. [Source: Review copy]

I enjoyed reading Love's Sweet Beginning. I had not read the first two books in this series, but, it didn't stop me from enjoying this last book in the trilogy.

I definitely liked the couple in this historical romance. I liked Cassie Haddon. I liked how she was determined to grow-up and be responsible and do the right thing no matter what. I was so thankful that her attitude was so very different from her mother's horrible one. Her mother. Well, Cassie's mother infuriated me. I liked that Cassie still liked her mother, and was determined to do right by her. But I applauded her independence as well. I liked that Cassie planted deep roots in her brand new life and was not going to have that new life destroyed by her mother's whims. Most of all, I liked Jacob West, the hero. I liked his graciousness. I liked his compassion. How he had a big heart for those who need a helping hand. He was a giver of second chances.

I found Love's Sweet Beginning to be an enjoyable read. I liked the characters, the building relationships.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

Ann Shorey said...

Becky, Thank you for your gracious review of Love's Sweet Beginning. I'm glad you enjoyed Jacob West--I modeled him after my sweet husband!