Monday, November 26, 2012

My Month in Philippians

I read Philippians forty-five times in the month of November. Here are my records:

Study Bibles

  • ESV Student Study Bible (notes & intro)
  • ESV MacArthur Study Bible (notes & intro)
  • ESV Study Bible (notes & intro)
  • ESV Reformation Bible (notes & intro)
  • HCSB Study Bible (notes & intro)
  • ESV Grow (notes & intro)

Text-only Translations

  • ESV (11) 
  • HCSB (6)
  • KJV (5)
  • NASB (7)
  • CEB (5)
  • Living (1)
  • NLT (1)
  • ERV, 1885 (1)
  • NKJV (1)
  • J.B. Phillips (1)
I also wrote reflections on each chapter, one each week. 
My favorite verses: 
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
(Philippians 4:4-9 ESV)
Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.   (Philippians 2:3-11 ESV)
But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.   (Philippians 3:7-11 ESV)


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: