Thursday, December 27, 2012

Goals for 2013

While most of my goals will be monthly goals, I thought I would share my goals for the year with you as well.

To read the Bible six days a week. What I read will be determined month by month, including what translations I'll be reading and what specific Bibles I'll be using--study, devotional, text-only, etc. But my goals for the year, of course, begin with the foundation that Bible-reading will be the number one priority.

To spend the year with Charles Spurgeon. I plan on reading Morning and Evening, but, not necessarily following the dates. In addition to Morning and Evening, I plan on reading some of Spurgeon's sermons. (An alphabetical index; scriptural index; chronological index). Spurgeon Archives and Spurgeon Gems are websites that will prove useful. Spurgeon Gems, Sermons Archive, 63 volumes with over 3,000 sermons! I've also got The Essential Works of Charles Spurgeon.

To spend time reading classic theological works and/or commentaries...by J.C. Ryle, A.W. Tozer, A.W. Pink, Martyn Lloyd-Jones, etc. This includes a goal of reading from my shelves.

To read a balanced blend of Christian nonfiction and fiction, newer and older titles.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: