Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Reflections

I read twelve books this January. I read six nonfiction titles and six fiction titles.

Brentwood. Grace Livingstone Hill. 1937. 315 pages.
God on the Streets of Gotham. Paul Asay. 2012. Tyndale. 240 pages.
The Man Christ Jesus: Theological Reflections on the Humanity of Christ. Bruce A. Ware. 2012. Crossway. 156 pages.
Spring for Susannah. Catherine Richmond. 2011. Thomas Nelson. 352 pages.
Love Comes Softly. Janette Oke. 1979. 240 pages.
Preparing for Jesus' Return. A.W. Tozer, James Snyder, ed. 2012. Regal. 211 pages.
The Dilemma of Charlotte Farrow. Olivia Newport. 2013. Revell. 320 pages.
To Win Her Heart. Karen Witemeyer. 2011. Bethany House. 347 pages.
How You Can Be Sure That You Will Spend Eternity with God. Erwin Lutzer. 1996. Moody. 159 pages.
Found God's Will: Find the Direction and Purpose God Wants for Your Life. John MacArthur. David C. Cook. 80 pages.
And the Lamb Wins: Why The End of the World Is Really Good News. Simon Ponsonby. 2008. David C. Cook. 322 pages.
Becoming Lucy (Winds Across the Prairie #1) Martha Rogers. 2009. 304 pages.

I met my goal of listening/watching to the first eight messages of R.C. Sproul's Foundation series. I definitely recommend watching the DVD over just listening to the messages.


  • What is Theology?
  • Scope and Purpose of Theology
  • General Revelation and Natural Theology
  • Special Revelation
  • Inspiration and Authority of Scripture
  • Infallibility and Inerrancy
  • Canonicity
  • Scripture and Authority

Though I had hoped to read ten Spurgeon sermons this month, I only managed seven. Still, I am pleased to have those seven. I don't want to rush through a sermon just so I can say that I've "read" it after all.




© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: