Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Psalm 119:111

This month I've been reading Psalm 119 each day. It has been WONDERFUL. I would definitely recommend it; I think it's been very beneficial. I've been reading it in a handful of different translations. And translation styles are becoming more evident with each reading! I thought I would share an example today.

ESV
Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart.

NLT
Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart's delight.

NASB
I have inherited Your testimonies forever, for they are the joy of my heart.

NIV
Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart.

CEB
Your laws are my possession forever because they are my heart's joy

HCSB
I have Your decrees as a heritage forever; indeed, they are the joy of my heart.

KJV
Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart

RSV
Thy testimonies are my heritage for ever; yea, they are the joy of my heart.

ASV
Thy testimonies have I taken as a heritage for ever; for they are the rejoicing of my heart.

Message
I inherited your book on living; it's mine forever--what a gift! And how happy it makes me!

NKJV
Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart.

GNT
Your commandments are my eternal possession; they are the joy of my heart.

1599 Geneva Bible
Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage forever: for they are the joy of mine heart.

NET
I claim your rules as my permanent possession, for they give me joy.

Complete Jewish Bible
I take your instruction as a permanent heritage, because it is the joy of my heart.

Amplified
Your testimonies have I taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart.

CEV
They will always be my most prized possession and my source of joy.



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: