Sunday, November 24, 2013

Giving Thanks #24 Chris Tomlin

I thought I would share some wonderful songs with you today. These songs chronicle, in a way, my journey through the past five years (or so).

The first song I'd like to share with you is Come Home Running from Chris Tomlin's album, Not To Us. (Amazon mp3)



Oh heart of mine, why must you stray?
From One so fair, you run away.

Oh heart of mine, come back home.
You've been too long out on your own.
And He's been there all along,
Watching for you down the road.

The second song is "I Will Rise." It is from his album Hello Love. (Amazon mp3)



Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise 
And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb" 


I know some people don't like repetitive praise choruses. And it's not like I love every single praise chorus out there myself. But. I adore Chris Tomlin's "Lay Me Down." (Amazon mp3) I adore the heart and soul of this song--the message. When you're in that place, the place where you can say it and mean it, then you want to sing about it. And I find the song does have a scriptural basis: Romans 12:1, Psalm 16:2, John 15:5)



I lay me down I’m not my own
I belong to you alone
Lay me down, lay me down
Hand on my heart this much is true
There’s no life apart from you
Lay me down, lay me down
Lay me down, lay me down

It will be my joy to say Your will Your way
It will be my joy to say Your will Your way
It will be my joy to say Your will Your way always 


Do you have a favorite Chris Tomlin song?

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: