Sunday, January 4, 2015

Want to join me in reading Spurgeon?

This will be the third year I share "my year with Spurgeon" with readers. To be honest, I only had plans to do one year with Spurgeon. But. I found Spurgeon to be so wonderful, so substantive, so relevant, so inspiring, that I've kept on in my journey. While my first year I read all over the place, I've taken a more chronological approach the past two years. I'll be starting off the year by starting his third volume of sermons, 1857. You may read it online for free, or for a small amount of money buy an ebook edition. I definitely have January planned out. I imagine the readings for the rest of the year will be straightforward (in order) of the book.

January's schedule:

Week one: "Faith" (Hebrews 11:6)
Week two: "Going Home: A Christmas Sermon" (Mark 5:19)
Week three: "Heavenly Worship" (Revelation 14:1-3)
Week four: "A Mighty Savior" (Isaiah 63:1)


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: