Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week in Review: April 5-11

First: An announcement. Mom's Toolbox is hosting a session of THE BIBLE IN 90 DAYS. Registration opened on Friday. The session is from April 27 through July 25. I have never read The Bible in 90 Days in a group format, but, I have read the Bible in 90 days several times on my own using their schedule as a loose format of sorts. (Some days a lot more; some days quite a bit less.) This is something I'd definitely recommend for anyone who wants to grow both in knowledge and desire. I have found that spending this much time a day reading the Bible really does GROW (abundantly grow) your desire.


The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. (Lamentations 3:22-26, ESV)
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:9-11, ESV)
HCSB

  • 2 Kings
  • Isaiah

NKJV

  • Genesis 1-5
  • Joshua 1-6
  • Job 1-5
  • Psalms 1-118
  • Isaiah 1-5
  • Hosea
  • Mark
  • Romans
  • 1 Corinthians
  • 2 Corinthians

1599 Geneva

  • Luke 15-24
  • John 
  • Acts

NIV First Century

  • Philemon


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: