Thursday, December 24, 2015

Quotes from the Cloud #51

This year, I hope share weekly posts of quotes. These quotes are from authors I'm reading and enjoying from the Clouds of Witnesses Reading Challenge

For fellow participants, what I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see is for people to share quotes from what they're reading. I'd love for you to share quotes occasionally with your readers and let me know about it. If you don't have a blog, you could always leave quotes in the comments here.
All our teaching and faith should center and depend on Christ. Setting aside all of our wisdom and skill, we should know nothing except the crucified Christ (1 Corinthians 2:2). From God’s perspective, the highest wisdom and knowledge above all other wisdom and knowledge is to truly know this person Christ. We come to God through Christ alone. ~ Martin Luther, Faith Alone, October 18
Our sins are so great and so far away from righteousness that it was necessary for the Son of God to die so that righteousness could be given to us. ~ Martin Luther, Faith Alone, November 27
All of God’s promises are based on Christ. If we didn’t have Christ as our mediator, God would have nothing to do with us. There’s only one difference between Abraham’s faith and ours. Abraham believed in the promised Christ who was still to come. We believe in the Christ who has already come. ~ Martin Luther, Faith Alone, November 28
What would it help me if Christ were born a thousand times, and the news of his birth was sung to me every day with wonderful music, if I didn’t understand that his death was for me and that I should make it my own? ~ Martin Luther, Faith Alone, December 23

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: