Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Book Review: Remember and Return

Remember and Return. John MacArthur. 2016. Baker Books. 208 pages. [Source: Free]

First sentence: Loving the Lord Jesus Christ is what the Christian life is all about. If you are a Christian, you love Christ.

Premise/plot: Remember and Return: Rekindling Your Love for the Savior is a thirty-one day devotional. All of this material has been previously published. I mention this because I know how annoying it can be to think you're getting a brand-new book from MacArthur only to discover that it's an old book with a new name! The material has been adapted into a devotional format, I believe. But there are two previous copyright dates: 1995 and 2009.

What you should know: These devotions are not light and fluffy. They are relatively meaty. Each is about six to seven pages each. So definitely longer than the typical devotional you may be accustomed to. The devotions share a common theme: JESUS CHRIST, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR. All devotions lead to food-for-thought on how to better love Jesus.

My thoughts: I definitely liked this one. I did. I am always looking for devotional books that I feel comfortable recommending to others. What I liked best about this one was MacArthur quoting from so many other great theologians.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: