Saturday, April 15, 2017

Bible Review: NIV Tozer Bible

Pursuit of God Bible -- NIV. 2013. 1587 pages. [Source: Gift]

I have spent the last six or so weeks reading what I call the NIV TOZER BIBLE. This Bible is the NIV (2011) translation of the Bible. It features excerpts from the works of A.W. Tozer. Some excerpts are half-page articles. Other excerpts are much shorter. But whether large or small, these quotes provide readers--believers--of all ages food for thought. Whether you agree with Tozer 100% or 10%, his passion--his zeal--will get you THINKING deeply about spiritual matters.

I love that this Bible is black letter--not red letter. I love that it's in paragraph format--instead of verse, verse, verse. I love that the pages are actually much thicker than your average Bible. The quality of the paper is one of the BEST things about this Bible. The font is a tiny bit small--for me--but it is still readable. Overall, the design is reader-friendly.

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Tozer quotes. I do. I am loving all three features:

  • "On Scripture" Over 365 selections add depth and insight to a particular verse's application for the believer.
  • "Reflections" More than 100 excerpts that apply the deep meaning of the Christian faith to everyday life.
  • "Challenges" Nearly 100 entries that exhort the reader to resist complacency in particular areas of one's "living out" in the world.
If you would follow on to know the Lord, come at once to the open Bible expecting it to speak to you. Do not come with the notion that it is a thing which you may push around at your convenience. It is more than a thing, it is a voice, a word, the very Word of the living God. ~ A.W. Tozer

God's words are not for me to edit and tinker with, but to believe and obey. ~ A.W. Tozer

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: