Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Book Review: Taking My Life Back

Taking My Life Back. Rebekah Gregory and Anthony Flacco. 2017. Revell. 272 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: On April 15, 2013, the world came to know me as "Rebekah Gregory--Boston Marathon bombing victim."

Premise/plot: Rebekah Gregory shares her story with readers in this memoir. She provides some background story throughout, but, the main focus is on her life since the bombing. This includes her time in the hospital, her time at home trying to get back to normal, what her new normal looks like, her new career as a public speaker, her private joys of being a wife and mom. Faith is also central in this one.

My thoughts: I am glad I read this one. I read Joni earlier this year, and, I think the two would pair together nicely as examples of how you can suffer and "endure" really difficult things and still find your peace and joy in Jesus.

I found it to be a quick, compelling read. I would recommend it if you enjoy autobiographies and memoirs.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: